Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 12, 2012

Ahh, I am jealous that you got to see Sherlock Holmes. I guess I will just have to wait till after my mission to see it. They only have one movie theater in Sobral. It’s in the same building as the supermarket and only has 2 rooms or something like that.

Anyway, this week we had stake conference. It was really good, mostly because if I concentrated and tried really hard I could understand most of what the speakers were saying. woo hoo! My Portuguese is randomly a lot better this week. We made sure to visit all our investigators and as many inactive members as we could to tell them that church would be starting at 10 instead of 8:30. Only one investigator and one inactive member came. It was a little sad especially when the other companionship of sisters had a bunch of investigators come. The one investigator that came is named Douglas. He is 16 years old and is very interested and curious. He always asks lots of questions and has come to church every week for 4 weeks and has gone to seminary a bunch of times too. He is becoming friends with one of the young men in the ward, Williams, which is always a VERY good thing. We invited him to be baptized but he doesn’t want to be just yet. He is one of the types of people that needs to know all aspects of what he is signing up for before he goes all the way. Hopefully one day soon he will make up his mind.

I finally got letters this week! It was so nice to hear from everyone. The date on the letters was from the beginning of February so I don’t think I will be getting your package for a long long time. Any mail that I send to you will take even longer. There is one post office close to our house and it has 2 workers. Only one of them knows how to send international mail and he only works after 2pm which is not very convenient with our walking route. So it usually takes a while for me to get my letters into the mail. But I get them there eventually.

I hope you are doing well. It sounds like things are great in your emails. Last week one of the sisters got info about our new mission president. Could you send me that so I can see also? I love you guys!

ad

No comments: