Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 18, 2012

Congratulations Tyler on your scholarship!! Have you heard from any more schools yet? Well, I only really care about one school. Have you heard from BYU yet? You have to tell me when you do because I want to know!

Wow, there are so many exciting things happening here in the Brazil MTC. We got a new MTC president on Sunday. His name is President Degn and he used to make fireworks for a living. I don't know why he didn't just stay in Brazil after his earlier mission here because Brazilians LOVE fireworks. Also, this last week one of my Brazilian friends left. His name was Elder Pereira. We became friends because everyone in his family got baptized in Teresina, where I'm going, so he would always try to tell me things about Teresina. Our "conversations" were always interesting because I obviously hardly know any Portuguese and he only knew 2 or 3 words in English. Whenever he was done talking to any American we would always say " I love you America!" as he was walking away. I'm going to have to make a new Brazilian friend now so I can keep practicing my Portuguese.

Another exciting thing is going to happen this upcoming Wednesday. Elder Anderson is going to come to the MTC and talk to us. I think he is coming to welcome the new president but I haven't been told for sure if that is why. My companion is a really good singer and she has to put together a musical number for the devotional that he is going to speak at. If she can't find anyone, then I'm probably going to end up singing. I kind of hope she can't find anyone because it would be really cool to be able to sing for an apostle. So we will just have to wait and see how that turns out. Thanks for all the letters!! My district decided that I am the 2nd most loved out of all of them because I get the 2nd largest amount of letters each week.

No comments: