Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012

This week at the CTM was a lot of fun. It was also a little sad. I'll tell the sad story first. There were a bunch of Brazilian sisters that arrived the same day as me. They only have to stay in the CTM for 3 weeks though. So this week all the sisters left. There was one, Sister Pereira who was super nice. She knew absolutely no English but she would always try to talk to me. We never got much accomplished in our "conversations" if you can even call them that. This last week someone taught her a little English. She learned how to say I love you. So every time she saw me she would yell down the hall "Sister Miller! I love yooouuu!!!" She was pretty much awesome and I am going to miss her a lot.

On New Years Eve we only had to go to class for half the day. The rest of the day we watched a movie and had brownies and ice cream. The movie was kinda weird. It was called Facing the Giants or something like that.

So something you should all know about Brazil. Brazilians LOVE fireworks. I haven't been here a single day without hearing fireworks going off at least 5 different times. New Years Eve was out of control. I was asleep and at about 11:45 there were so many fireworks going off all over the city and right down the street and right out my window that I thought we were being bombed or something. It was crazy!! And they never ended! I fell asleep again before they slowed down.

I finally have a companion! I don't know her name because I just barely met her right before I came to email and her name is not an easy one to remember. She seems really nice so I think we will get along. Remember how I had to change rooms last week? Well, they moved me into a room that had 3 girls in it and I made 4 so the room was full. This week they moved me back into the same room I was in before. I hope I get to stay for longer than a week this time.

Love you!

1 comment:

Hannah Ballard said...

Sweet - now you're not the only girl!

btw - ahEEEEE LUUUUVVV YUUUUUUU!

ok, BAI! :-)