Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feb 8, 2012

Wow! My very last P-day at the good old CTM! I can't believe it is already here. I feel like I just got here yesterday but I am ready to go out and start doing all the real missionary stuff. The week you leave you go out proselyting two times. We went the first time on Monday and it was just around the CTM. One Monday next week we will go to downtown São Paulo and talk to people there. Proselyting around the CTM is pretty hard because just about everyone there already has 3 or 4 copies of the Book of Mormon and is not interested in talking about it. Sister Mulhstein and I managed to find some people though. We walked up this one street and there was not a single person there. We walked around in a circle and were at the beginning of the same empty street and were about to turn a different way when we saw two girls sitting on the curb about half way up the block. We talked to them and gave one of them a Book of Mormon and the other girl asked if she could have a copy too. Woo hoo! It’s a good thing we still had one left. Later when we were all talking in out district about proselyting a couple elders said that the saw 2 girls who both already had copies and were reading them when they walked by. I really hope that they feel the Spirit when they read it and call the number so they can learn more. Proselyting was an amazing experience but really hard. Our instructor told us when we got back that it was 113 degrees outside that day! Then on top of that I was sick that day and the couple days before that so it was hard to keep moving. But we did it and I'm glad we did.

Another exciting adventure we had this week was with the Federal Police. It really wasn't that exciting. We just went to the police station and they people took pictures of us and looked t our passports and took our fingerprints. There were about 24 or 25ish missionaries that went. We left at 6:30am and didn't get back till about 12:30. It took all morning but I guess its one of those things you kind of have to do.

One quick last story. We taught Lidia again yesterday. She said that she received an answer that she should be baptized. The only downside is that she doesn't want to be baptized because she is afraid that her dad will be angry with her. We talked to her a little about it and she said that she will pray some more which is good. After our lesson our teacher said that my Portuguese is a lot better. I know that I'm not good enough to have real lessons and conversations but at least I’m getting better.

No comments: