Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012

What a great week it was!! General Conference was amazing! I have
never had my questions so directly and so thoroughly answered. We are
still working with Natália and her family and trying to help them
become spiritually independent. It had been a struggle. In conference
there were a ton of talks about children and raising children to be
spiritually independent. There were many different things they said
that can also apply to any new members in the church. It was perfect!
We are going to have to try some of the things we learned on them
this week. Another quick thing about conference, did anyone else see
that one bald guy in the choir that looked exactly like Dan but with
slightly bigger ears?

This last week we had transfers. Three of the four elders in our
district were transferred. We got two Brazilians and a brand new
American elder. I remember seeing him in the CTM but I never talked
with him. Wow, I didn’t realize how much Portuguese I have learned.
He hardly knows anything and that is exactly how I was when I first
arrived. Now I can at least follow the conversations and say a couple
of things. It was really encouraging to see how far I have already
come. I still have a far way to go, but it seems a lot more do-able
now.

Life is great here. I hope everything is going well for everyone
back home in the states. Thanks for all your love and support!

No comments: