Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 16, 2012

Ahhh, the pictures were so cute!!  Grace is getting so big! So here in Brazil they don’t have Easter egg hunts or use Easter baskets.  They have these big chocolate eggs that have either more chocolate on the inside or little toys for kids.  I bought one for all 4 of us sisters to share. Yum!

This week was a pretty slow week.  I was sick one day and Sister Borges was sick on another day.  I think it was because there was a random temperature increase.  Every house we went to on the other days had at least one other person who wasn’t feeling well.  We didn’t get that much done because of this.  Oh well, the weather is back to the normal hotness level now and almost everyone is feeling better.  It is really funny here; the solution to any ailment is to take a shower.  It doesn’t matter if you have a headache, your knees hurt, or you are throwing up. Everyone tells you to take a shower to fix it.  It is weird, but it really does work.  The day I was sick, we returned home and I took a shower right away and felt a ton better.

We are still teaching Douglas.  He is getting more excited for baptism as he learns more about the church.  We are so excited for him.  There are still lots of things we need to teach him but he is also learning a lot on his own.  He has been going to church for about as long as I have been here in Sobral, which is awesome.  He already has a stronger testimony than a lot of the people who have been members for more than 10 years.  He works with a member and was a reference
from this member.  He was going to other churches and searching for a couple years before we first talked to him.  He was so ready to have the gospel.

One last piece of news!  Presidente Dias decided to send Sister Borges home a week early.  She was already going to leave at the end of this transfer but now she is leaving even earlier.  I am not really sure what this means for me.  I think that I will be put with Sister Smith and Sister Moda for the last week of the transfer.  It’s weird and very sad.  I only have 2 more weeks with Sister Borges.

No comments: