Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012

Ahhhh, Grace is so cute!! And so big!  I love the pictures you sent.  She does know who I am right?  If she sees a picture of me she points and says aunt ad right?  She is kind of a joke in our house now.  We always reenact the "where is your nose?  Where is your mouth?"   I don’t know how this comes up so often in our conversations, but it does.  There is only one week left of school? Already? That seems a little early, but I guess it is already the middle of May.  Wow, time goes by so fast with Sister Sena.  I think it is because we were friends before we were companions.  I can’t remember if I already told you that she was in the CTM with me.  She entered the day after me and left just after New Years.  Yup, its pretty sweet.

This week we spent a lot of time trying to find new investigators.  We visited lots of members and asked for references, we talked to a lot of people all over the place, and dug up some names of ex-investigators we could try to visit again.  This last part was the least profitable because the addresses here are crazy.  I am seriously starting to doubt Brazilians’ ability to count normally.  We will be walking down a street looking for a house number 624 for example.  we will start  in the 100s, then all the sudden we are in the 2000s, then after that we start in the 70s, then the 100s again.  Ah! It is really frustrating and we almost never find the house we are looking for.  We did find some of the houses thankfully and talked to the people there.  We also found some people along the way who want to be taught!  Hopefully everything will work out for them and they will realize that this is the only true church of God.  

The last piece of exciting news I have is that I get to watch the dedication of the Manaus Temple.  Cool!  I think it is on the 10th of June.  I am excited to see the new temple.  I won’t be able to see it, see it because we will watch the dedication in our chapel, but I am still excited.  

I hope that you are having a great week!  You will have to tell me about your new schools and how you like them when you start up.  I love you!    

2012-05-21:  This is a picture of me with Gleiciane.  She is pretty much the coolest person here.  She is 18 years old, the only member in her family and she always is willing to help us with just about anything.  She really likes to go with us when we teach and help us with that.  All the sisters love her!

2012-05-21:  This is me with Sister Sena on the way to a lesson in a member’s house.   The sky was really pretty that day.  

No comments: