Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012


 
Ahhhh, Gracie is soo cute!! I think I say that every week, but it is true.  Also, what is going on with her hair?  It looks like she has a mullet... I guess that is the cool thing for babies in the US right now?  I have been hearing lots of things about the Olympics lately.  Everyone here is sad because Brazil isn’t doing that great this year, but it sounds like the US is doing good.  So did you talk to Amanda and Janae about Japan? What did they say?  The reason I want to know is because I want to do summer semester with Tyler and go to Japan in the summer because this will be the only time that we can do that together in our whole LIVES.  Also I will need time to get a job and housing and all that fun stuff.  I don’t really know what else to do...

Anyway, this was a really good week.  We didn’t get to teach that many lessons because everyone was randomly really busy this week, but the few we did teach turned out to be really good.  We FINALLY got to teach Jadson and his wife Sandra.  We taught the restoration and she was practically crying! Although I am not entirely sure that that was because of our amazing teaching skills or because she is 8 months pregnant... but either way it was pretty cool.  They didn’t get to church this week which was sad, but at the same time probably a good thing because we had a couple of interesting testimonies this week.  Another really good lesson was at the house of a less active, Claudia.  She was the Relief Society president and everything then after she was released she just kind of fell away.  We have been working with her a lot lately.  She told us yesterday that she really wants to go back, but it is really hard for her. She is very embarrassed that she was the Relief Society president then was less active for years after.  But I think it will all turn out good.  It seems like she truly wants to return.  A lot of times people just say things because they know it is what we want to hear but then they don’t do anything.  I don’t think that this is the case for Claudia.  She honestly wants to return but doesn’t know how or where to start. 

Yup, that’s all for this week I guess.  We are going to have our Zone leaders at our district meeting tomorrow which means we will get letters!! I am pretty excited.

I hope you have a good week,  I love you!

ad

No comments: