Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 10, 2012



This week was ok.  It was good because I am starting to learn about my new area and all.  It is a ton smaller than my last area which is really good.  I guess I will answer your questions because you are always complaining about how I never answer them...

1.  My favorite thing that happened this week was when we invited one of our new investigators to be baptized.  His name is Bruno and he is more or less 25 years old and is studying to be an accountant.  His cousin is a member and called us one day to have us come over and talk to Bruno.  He was VERY prepared.  He committed to baptism in our first visit and we set a date this week in our 2nd visit.  Hopefully everything works out.  I am sure that it will because he already believes everything and is praying and reading the Book of Mormon every day.  The only problem is that we had stake conference this week and there were a ton of people there and we couldn’t find him so we have to assume that he didn’t go until we have a chance to visit him again and ask. 

2.  I am going to the mission office later today to say goodbye to Sister Smith.  Today is her last full day in Brasil.  I am going to miss her a lot.  She lived with me in Sobral when I arrived here. 

3.  I am planning to call on Christmas day.  I don’t know the exact time or anything because we have to combine everything with a member that has good internet, a webcam, will be home on Christmas day, and is cool enough to let us blabber on in English in front of them.  We have an idea of who, but we aren’t sure yet.  I will let you know as soon as i know.

4.  The baptism of Yasmin was good.  Not a lot of people came.  But her less active dad came and said that he wants to baptize his other daughter who will turn 8 next year.   So we are trying to work with him so he can actually do this.

5.  We eat the same things here.  The only real difference is that people don’t eat a lot of dessert.  I think it’s because dessert is too heavy to eat here.  You know what I’m saying?  Instead they eat some fruit after lunch or nothing.  This is better for us because it is healthier

Hey, I still haven’t gotten Candace’s address.  And has Clint already gotten home?


 Well, I hope you have a good week.  I love you lots!

ad

No comments: